[LAU] [OT] - a little help with kernel building

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Sun Aug 16 19:39:22 EDT 2009

Hello all!
   I'm just compiling/configuring a 2.6.30.4 vanilla kernel. Only with the
current configuration it won't start.
   When I boot and I can choose the kernel and it tries to start, but then the
two LEDs on my keyboard (as in letters and numbers :-) ) start to blink
rhythmically and nothing else happens.
   Does anyone of you have some standard ideas of, what to change? I already
tried:
1. The RCU settings
2. disabled tickless system
3. disabled control groups
4. double-checked, that I chose the correct CPU and ACPI settings

   Points I'm not sure about are some of the memory options. There are options
to disallow extensive access of /dev/mem, checking for corrupt memory and
something concerning AMI and PHOENIX biosen to have the first 64k of memory.
Those weren't there the last time I made my kernel.
   If anyone has helpful hints (not take a look at the screen please! :-) ),
then I'd be _VERY_ grateful!
   Kindest regards
          Julien

--------