[LAU] SL vs FW -- was: Freewheeling, keyboard

Grammostola Rosea rosea.grammostola at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 08:38:49 EDT 2009

Grammostola Rosea wrote:

>> Jesse Chappell wrote:

>>> Only if there is some driver that interfaces with that dance pad to
>>> make it show up as a virtual midi device.  If there isn't, it seems
>>> like there should be to make it useful for everyone.
>>>

>> afaik the dance pad doesn't show up in qjackctl. I have no technical
>> knowledge to say anything else about it, except that somehow I can
>> control fweeling by my dance pad...
>>

> Someone suggested to connect the dance pad to Ardour using PureData:
>

>> Easy. Use puredata.
>>
>> The hid object will get the signal through usb.
>> Create a mididevice out and link that signal to it, then route it
>> through jack
>> to ardour et voila.
>>

> But I have no experience at all with pd.... but if it can work with
> Ardour (I need to figure out how, help is welcome) it should be possible
> with SL too right?

The scratch tool of SL is cool, al though it could be improved. The best
sounding scratching tool I found so far is terminatorX. Is it possible
to control the scratch tool by hardware?

Is it possible with SL to switch between different soft synth or midi
outputs?

The latter is possible with FW, but I didn't figure out how to do it yet...

\r