[LAU] SL vs FW -- was: Freewheeling, keyboard

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Tue Aug 25 09:32:38 EDT 2009

On Tue, 25 Aug 2009, Grammostola Rosea wrote:
> The scratch tool of SL is cool, al though it could be improved. The best
> sounding scratching tool I found so far is terminatorX. Is it possible
> to control the scratch tool by hardware?

In the source distribution (and on the website) is a file called 'OSC.'
This describes all the things that can be controlled on sooperlooper.
With 'slgui' you can set up MIDI bindings to any of those parameters...
but you can also set up MIDI bindings via OSC commands.

In general, if it is in slgui -- it can be controlled by MIDI.  slgui only
interfaces with sooperlooper via OSC.

> Is it possible with SL to switch between different soft synth or midi
> outputs?

I don't think sooperlooper handles midi loops like freewheeling.  AFAIK,
sooperlooper only handles audio music.

HTH,
Gabriel