[LAU] balanced xlr to stereo line in

sh0099 sh0099 at gmx.de
Wed Aug 26 06:41:43 EDT 2009

Jari Suominen schrieb:
> Dan S kirjoitti:
>
>> I've done that in the past (not by choice though!). In SuperCollider
>> this would decode it and play it out:
>>
>> x = {  In.ar(0) - In.ar(1)  }.play;
>>

> Yep, thats what I figured. Was just wondering that if there is ome
> magical reason why it would be bad thing to do after louzy mic/line
> input of a soundcard. What would make it even worse decision than to
> just use the unbalanced cable.

the balancedcables are invented against interferences like humming or
cellphone-stuff so when you have no problem with that you don't need a
balanced cable.
i think the noise of the preamp da-converter will sum up so that this is
only a emergency solution.

you can generate a command line app with faust.
i think you can put the following code into the online compiler
(http://faust.grame.fr/compiler.php):
_
_process = _-_;