[LAU] ableton live in vmware

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Thu Aug 27 14:09:08 EDT 2009

Paul Davis wrote:

Thanks for your answers!

>> 3) Can it be used with jack?
>
> You can't access JACK from inside vmware, at least not without going
> via the alsa-jack plugin which means quite a lot of extra buffering.

I'm not sure I wanna access jack (do I?). I was thinking having vmware
output through jack, but that's not supported by wmvare, or?

>> 4) How about jack transport (for syncing other apps)?
>
> you're inside a windows bubble. no JACK stuff is going in or out.

Of course.

> i suggest you try it under wine instead if interaction with native
> linux apps matters, though you will still have no shared transport via
> JACK.

I just tried it (7.0.16 le demo) and it doesn't work, wine displays an
error dialog saying "The program Live 7.0.16.exe has encountered a
serious problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience".
After that wine dies.

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte