[LAU] ableton live in vmware

drew Roberts zotz at 100jamz.com
Fri Aug 28 07:36:48 EDT 2009

On Thursday 27 August 2009 23:39:15 Patrick Shirkey wrote:
> IIUC, it doesn't have functionality to play multiple patterns at the
> same time.

I thought this was incorrect and just did a little test in case my memory was
faulty. I put the stick in one pattern, the closed hat in another, put both
patterns under one another in the song editor and set to song mode. Hit play,
the stick and the hat played.

Is the song editor what you are referring to as a grid? Sure looks like a grid
to me.

patterns down the side and bars across the top. if you highlight the
intersection of a pattern and a bar, that pattern will play when the song
gets to that bar. (I am not sure what I am referring to as bars are
considered bars by hydrogen.)

all the best,

drew