[LAU] instructional videos ?

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Mon Aug 31 03:42:42 EDT 2009

On 08/31/2009 04:41 PM, Tuukka Jääskeläinen wrote:
> I would vote for the work flow tutorials also! I have been now lurking
> the LAU-list for quite a while, experimenting couple of times with
> linux-based music production, getting the system up and running quite
> a few times, but after that just finding myself in a full stop, not
> knowing what to do with it.
>
> It would also be very interesting to see/hear the work flow of other
> linux-audio-users. Especially the ones producing electronic music.

Good idea for a thread.

Here's one setup that I have used.

1: start jack
2: start jackEQ
3: start Alsaplayer x 2
4: start jack-rack x 2
5: start terminatorX
6: start ams
7: run script to connect all the jack ports appropriately.

alsaplayer1 -> jackEQ in 1a/b
alsaplayer2 -> jackEQ in 2a/b
tX -> jackEQ in 3a/b
ams ->jackEQ in 4a/b
jackEQ send/return1 -> jack-rack1
jackEQ send/return2 -> jack-rack2
jackEQ monitor to jack output 1/2 (headphones)
jackEQ master -> jack output 3/4  (mixing desk)

I know others have used

xwax/mixx->alsa to achieve a similar setup to above but with a single app

Cheers.

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd