[LAU] bass amp simulator

Garry Ogle garry.ogle at tiscali.co.uk
Mon Aug 31 09:42:51 EDT 2009

Brent Busby wrote:
> Has anyone found any plugins (preferably Linux-native, not wineasio or
> vst) that do a decent job with bass amp simulation?  I've achieved a
> pretty good mic'ed cabinet sound with a real mic'ed cabinet, but I'm
> afraid the problem in my apartment at night is the mic'ed cabinet.
> Even something that does a good enough job for scratchpad takes would be
> nice. < snip >

I am after fairly natural bass tones by the way, nothing
> that puts your bass through distortion or makes it sound like a
> spaceship....

Hi Brent. You could try using jconv (or guitarix, which can use jconv).

this collection has a several Bassman IRs :

http://www.esnips.com/doc/c9125127-60bd-4472-9aec-7e2d868011d4/650-Assorted-Cabinet-Impulses

part 2 here : http://noox.sitesled.com/ does too.

I've not tried these though. I've only just started experimenting, for
similar reasons to your own.

Best wishes, Garry.