[LAU] instructional videos ?

Atte Andre Jensen atte.jensen at gmail.com
Mon Aug 31 16:46:25 EDT 2009

James Stone wrote:

> Interesting.. How do vocals work in a tracker environment?

I simply record a sample and trigger it afterwards from a pattern.
Another option is to record stuff like that in ardour, now that renoise
has jack transport. More traditional stuff like piano roll and "arrange
view" is planned for (I think) 2.3 (we're at 2.1 now).

One thing that I found (and I'm not your average tracker demo scene
kinda guy, I did a bit in soundtracker years ago, but had to relearn the
tracking thing with renoise when I switched) is that I have much more
control over the samples, actually over everything. My vocals simply
sounds better than ever due to this.

> What's the situation with plugins for renoise under Linux at the moment?

Bad, I guess, I hardly use any. There have been some releases of
commercial pluging, though, so things might be looking up.

> How does midi control work?

Do you mean controlling a fader (or something like that) in renoise from
your hardware? Maybe this will answer your question (better than me):

http://tutorials.renoise.com/Renoise/MIDIMapping

--
Atte

http://atte.dk   http://modlys.dk   http://virb.com/atte