[LAU] Gui for convolution engine (was: some news from KVRaudio)

Devin Anderson devin at charityfinders.com
Tue Dec 8 14:52:22 EST 2009

On Tue, Dec 8, 2009 at 11:34 AM, Arnold Krille <arnold at arnoldarts.de> wrote:

>> VST plugins mean the world to me.
>
> Using windows VST's inside a linux environment is a valid reason for converts.
>
> Native linux VST's have no advantage over native LADSPA/DSSI/LV2 plugins.
> Except for the non-free license of the header/sdk from steinberg and the
> possible legal problems with the clean-room reconstructions of the api/abi.

That's inaccurate.

One reason that I use VSTs is because they can sync to tempo (with VST
hosts that support it).  The specs for LADSPA and DSSI don't allow for
syncing to tempo.  LV2 does not currently support syncing to tempo,
but could in the future with an LV2 extension.

--
Devin Anderson
devin (at) charityfinders (dot) com

CharityFinders - http://www.charityfinders.com/