[LAU] midi control of seq24

Gabriel M. Beddingfield gabriel at teuton.org
Thu Dec 10 16:32:23 EST 2009

On Thu, 10 Dec 2009, Josh Lawrence wrote:

>        For each sequence, we can set up midi events to turn a
>        sequence on, off, or toggle it.  We see the following
>        lines in the [midi-control] section:
>
>        0  [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]
>        1  [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]
>        2  [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]   [0 0 0 0 0 0]
>
> I have no idea what this means.  here are my (somewhat random) questions:

He explains it in the next paragraph or six:

         The first number is the sequence in the main window.  Each set
         of brackets corresponds to a midi filter.  If the incoming midi
         event matches the filter, it will either [toggle],[on],or[off]
         the sequence  respectivaly.

         The layout of each filter inside the bracket is as follows:

         [(on/off) (inverse) (midi status byte (channel ignored))
                                      (data1) (data2 min) (data2 max)]

         If the on/off is set to 1, it will match the incoming midi
         [snip...]

> 1.  is there an app that I can view what midi messages my
> keyboard is sending?

aseqdump
kmidimon

> 3.  nowhere does the file mention play start/stop.  can anyone
> confirm/deny that start/stop functionality exists?

It does.  That's what all this is configuring.

-gabriel