[LAU] midi control of seq24

Josh Lawrence hardbop200 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 16:35:49 EST 2009

On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 3:32 PM, Gabriel M. Beddingfield
<gabriel at teuton.org> wrote:
> He explains it in the next paragraph or six:

ok, I've spent the weekend reading the file, and I still can't get it.
 I can't tell if you're being snarky in your response or not, so I'll
go ahead and admit that I'm having trouble understanding what I'm
supposed to do and how I'm supposed to do it, and fully admit that
it's probably my fault.  that being said...

> It does.  That's what all this is configuring.
>
> -gabriel

I guess what I can't understand is:

1. the SEQ24 file does not specify what message should be sent to
control these things.  is there a preference for how these messages
should be formed?  maybe someone could send their .rc file as an
example, it sure would help me.

2. aseqdump gave me a textual representation of what was coming from
my keyboard, and it looked nothing like what is in the SEQ24 file
(i.e. [0 0 0 0 0 0] ).  I must be missing some obvious part of the
translation here...can someone point out the missing pieces for me?

I'm really trying not to say "show me teh codez", but I'm having a
hard time getting my brain to understand all of this.  again, my
fault, but I'm still struggling...

--
Josh Lawrence
http://www.hardbop200.com