[LAU] Value of low-latency in audio?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Wed Dec 16 04:58:53 EST 2009

Nope. Don't even know what that is. I know what beatboxing is, but not
"beatboxing processing."

I much prefer real drummers for percussive sounds.

I didn't say I thought 64msec was fine, but that it works and I was just
wondering what value going lower would be. I've been able to get it
lower (down to 16ms) but without an RT kernel xruns made it pretty useless.

When performing live, *when* I hear a sound is much more important than
when it originated. I think a musician's brain/neural processing quickly
picks up the various latencies (distance between the different
musicians) and adjusts quite well.

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com