[LAU] multi-channel recording

Edward Barrow edward at copyweb.co.uk
Sat Dec 26 18:07:05 EST 2009

I've been getting by so far with an amd64 box running debian, jack, ardour
etc through Terratec DMX-6fire (Envy24 based) card, but now find that I need
to record more channels simultaneously.

I would like (and can just about afford) the M-Audio FastTrack Ultra, but it
doesn't look as though it is going to be easy to get it to work under Linux.
It's a USB 2.0 device - it needs those 480Mb/s to record 8 channels
simultaneously - so it isn't class-compliant.

Has anyone succeeded in getting this interface to work properly in Linux?

If not, can anyone suggest alternatives in the same sort of price range?

Thanks,

Edward