[LAU] Clicktrack in audacity causes seg fault

Scott lau at troutpocket.org
Mon Dec 28 18:52:01 EST 2009

I'm not getting any useful responses at Audacity's forum...

When I try to generate a click track the following error is displayed:

    ERROR: Could not find sinewave.raw in rawwaves. Something is wrong
    with the installation or configuration.

    SETDIR: No such file or directory
    Set *default-sf-dir* to "/usr/share/audacity/plug-ins" in fileio.lsp
    AutoNorm feature is on.
    Default sound file is scott-temp.wav.
    system.lsp : *RUNTIME-PATH* = /usr/share/audacity/nyquist/

    Nyquist -- A Language for Sound Synthesis and Composition
    Copyright (c) 1991,1992,1995,2007-2009 by Roger B. Dannenberg
    Version 3.03

    error: too few arguments

The second time I run it the following error occurs and Audacity crashes:

    1> Segmentation fault

Can this be fixed by creating a sinewave.raw audio file in the default
path specified or is there something wrong elsewhere? What's the fix?

Using Audacity 1.3.9 (Unicode) on Ubuntu 9.10 x64 and Fedora 12 x64 and
i386. Same error in all environments.