[LAU] Community friendliness (Was: [ANN] KMid2 0.1.1 released)

Patrick Shirkey pshirkey at boosthardware.com
Wed Dec 30 13:06:44 EST 2009

On 12/31/2009 04:20 AM, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Paul Davis<paul at linuxaudiosystems.com>  writes:
>

>> On Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 10:13 AM, Pedro Lopez-Cabanillas
>> <pedro.lopez.cabanillas at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>
>>> KMid2 is a MIDI/Karaoke player for KDE4.
>>>
>> i just don't get it. how can you call this *K*Mid2 when almost all
>> programs whose names start with 'K' are written for KDE.
>>
>> oh, wait ....
>>
> Why you continue attacks on Pedro? Please don't do it, having different
> opinion is your right, attacking people because they don't agree with
> you is not friendly at all. I personally (and I know several other
> people who agree with me) want to participate in a friendly community,
> not a hostile one. What you do is especially harming given that you post
> to lau and not do lad. You don't intend to present Pedro in negative
> light to linux audio users, right?

Some people offered Pedro non invasive feedback about the name he
chooses for his library and he jumps down everyones throat making
accusations of personal attacks and religious zealotry.

Then he comes back with another app that is appropriately named based on
the toolkit.

I found it funny and it would appear that Paul does too. Maybe the
problem here is a contextual humour issue in conjunction with esl
translation/perception?

Patrick Shirkey
Boost Hardware Ltd