[LAU] fst is back on track

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Sun Feb 1 10:11:53 EST 2009

Hi Torben,

My tests are inconclusive, but I'm getting results similar to what
Martin Profittlich gets. However, I noted that sometimes the absence of
a GUI seemed to be related to lashd. Here's the process:

  Load a plugin with fst.
  Play a while.
  Close the plugin instance.
  Load another plugin with fst.
  Here the GUI may or may not draw itself.
  If not, I close the plugin and run 'killall lashd'.
  Load the same plugin again.
  Some misbehaving plugins will then draw their GUIs properly.

I also noted occasional zombification with JACK 0.115.6. I had problems
with 0.116 so I downgraded.

I'll keep testing and will send a more detailed report.

Best,

dp