[LAU] clicks in sound when running dual core

Robert Jonsson spamatica at gmail.com
Fri Feb 6 15:18:25 EST 2009

Hi folks,

Been reinstalling my studio computer these last few weeks. Moving to 64 bit
and dual core.. or so I thought.

As it turns out I have found that my system is unable to run jack reliably
while using dual core. I use MusE as sequencer and it's especially evident
there but I believe I have noticed it with other applications.
The thing that happens is that I get random clicks in both input and output.
If I start the computer and add maxcpus=1 to the kernel line all seems ok.
Thinking back I realize that I stumbled on this problem on the last rebuild
some years ago but ended up running single core without investigating why
this was.
I thought I would at least throw this out here now, google seems to know
nothing about this issue.
Anyone else have experienced anything similar or is my hardware faulty?
(AMD64X2 based)

Regards,
Robert