[LAU] demo song

Bengt Gördén bengan at bag.org
Fri Feb 13 07:28:44 EST 2009

Den Thursday 12 February 2009 23.33.50 skrev Tapani Sysimetsä:
> Hi folks,
>
> Metsänpeitto is now available for download at Bandcamp (ogg, mp3, FLAC,
> etc.)
> http://tapanisysimetsa.bandcamp.com

Nice song. As Fons said maybe a bit more of the high freq. But hey. I have a
latop with intel sound card at the moment so I might just shut up :-)

> Nuku EP is also there. If you have problems with flash, send me an email.
>
> Two new demo songs called Helvetin rauniot ("Ruins of Hell") and Hyvä
> tuuli ("Good wind") can be listened here:
> http://www.sysimetsa.urli.net
>
> Again, I used mostly Ardour, Qsynth, ZynAddSubFx and Hydrogen. Guitar
> and bass were recorded directly through a mixer. For vocals and acoustic
> guitar I had Samson Q7 mic covered with a woollen sock. The synth sounds
> of Helvetin rauniot were made with my friend's Roland MC-303 many years
> ago. The drum sample of Hyvä tuuli was made with Freebirth.
>
> Feedback and suggestions are welcome. I'm trying to finish a full-length
> album by summer, hopefully.
>
> Metsänpeitto means something like "blanket of forest". In Finnish
> mythology it is a state where one (human or animal) can fall into when
> roaming in the forest. In this state one is not visible to others (or
> appears as a stump or a stone) and one may feel that the forest has
> suddenly become strange, unknown. It is believed that Metsänpeitto is
> caused by goblins (or maahiset). There are several tricks for getting
> out of Metsänpeitto, but some have remained there forever.

Any English lyrics? I tried to translate the lyrics through google translation
but that's probably a no-no. I think I got the general mening. Then I googled
Metsänpeitto and found the fi.wikipedia that had a ref. to en.wikipedia. It's
seems that the English version is time-slip. Could that be true?

/bengan