[LAU] 24-bit files and hisss....

Bearcat M. Şandor hometheater at feline-soul.com
Sun Feb 15 15:09:18 EST 2009

On Sunday 15 February 2009 06:15:37 hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> I haven't tried but I somewhat doubt that 24bit is the problem, my
> guess is that it's only the channel count that's the problem for most
> players.
>
> Philipp
That's my guess too Phillip.  Right now, i'm just trying to discern the
pattern.  I have a 24/88 4 channel album that plays fine in everything. It's
this Lord of the Rings in 24/88 6-channel that is the pain.

Now, loading these files into an editor like kwav and playing them there? No
problem .

A thought i had was that mplayer and  xine all use ffmpeg and it might be a
problem with that library. However, the file crashes alsaplayer, xmms and even
flac123 too.  So much for that theory.

I'm pretty sure that it's not a hardware problem. though.

Thanks for all the input folks.

--
Bearcat M. Şandor
Bearcat at feline-soul.net