[LAU] hdspmixer: HwDep ioctl failed. Metering stopped

Alex Norman alex at neisis.net
Mon Feb 23 14:50:42 EST 2009

So, he isn't 100% sure how to check the firmware version.  He is "definitely
using old firmware" and he thinks it is 011 / 151 as recommended.  Can someone
tell me exactly how he can check it?  He has access to a windoze boot.

Below is my conversation with him:

11:42 <@     jmej> i installed some drivers in windows - i'm definitely using old firmware - i can't say for sure which version.. but probably
                   011 / 151
11:42 <@     jmej> which seems to be one that's known to work
11:42 <@     jmej> the new RME software has firmware revision info in the about tab... the old software does not
11:43 <@     jmej> but when i run new software - it tells me to update my firmware (i didn't)
11:43 <@     jmej> and when i run the software that goes alon with 011/151 it seems to work fine
[he's talking about running it in windoze here]

Thanks,
Alex