[LAU] Experience with M Audio Fast Track Pro USB interface

Nicanor Garcia ngocello at gmail.com
Wed Jan 28 22:16:06 EST 2009

Hello.

I've in the GNU+Linux world since last december and though I don't know a
lot yet, I'm really excited about working with it and I don't wanna'
downgrade to windows never again.

Now I'm planning to get a sound card, and I found the M Audio Fast Track Pro
(http://www.m-audio.com/products/en_us/FastTrackPro.html), which has all the
features I want. But I'm not sure to buy without knowing its compatibility
with Linux.

I now this card isn't on the ALSA list, but I've read a lot of articles
about this card being somewhat hard to set up, but still usable.

But I don't know how the card behaves after installation, if it is fully
operational and a good choice.

If anyone can tell me his/her experience with this card I would be greatly
thankful.

For more info, I'm planning to use Studio 64.

Thank you very much.

Saludos From Colombia.