[LAU] fst is back on track

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Fri Jan 30 23:38:25 EST 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 02:53:00AM +0100, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:

Update:

- jackmidi is implemented an seems to work.
  and i dropped alsa support altogether.

- on 64bit you need to wait a little bit, because i have found
  bugs in the 32bit interop. which breaks jack-midi for 32bit
  clients. the bug is fixed in my tree, but i want to talk with
  paul about it, before committing.
  If you need alsa support: it still lives in a branch in git.
  However i will not maintain that. the code is far more complex
  then jack-midi code for no value.

- building with jack2 is fixed

- and i managed to include
  a small button, which says "Midi Learn"

- midimap is not saved yet. gonna do that tomorrow.

- ahh... and some people got confused with the old README.
  vstsdk is NOT needed anymore. the vestige header is
  part of the code.

so just: git pull

> hi...
>
> i just wanted to anounce that i finally got round to
> do some work on the good old fst.
>
> Fixed most cavaets, included the vestige header.
> So this is GPL stuff now. binary packages welcome.
>
> get it via git:   git clone git://repo.or.cz/fst.git
>
> the homepage: http://www.joebutton.co.uk/fst/
>
> perhaps some of he info is still valid :S

> Its only a matter of make if your on 32bit.
>
> for lash suport:
> make -f Makefile.lash
>
> On 64bit you need to have some 32bit libraries:
> gtk libs and alsa, perhaps a 32bit lash
> you also need to make sure a link ending with .so
> exists for each library. there were some problems
> with that before.
>
> Also on 64bit jack-0.116.0 is required because fst is
> a 32bit client.
>
> i hope for packagers to jump in on this fast.
> so that people are not having to wade through 32bit dependency hell.
> The current version in git is very likely to become
> fst-1.11  (schnaps is better than wine)
>

> Due to the fact that the embeding and gtk bugging is fixed now,
> i have a gtk window around the plugin now, where i can put buttons
> and stuff. So midi learn and stuff is not far away anymore.
>

> jack-midi is planned, and should show up in the git soon.
> But this is orthogonal to the "hunt me down not working plugins"
> request.
>
> well... blabla... try to find a plug that does not work !!!
>

> --
> torben Hohn

torben Hohn
http://galan.sourceforge.net -- The graphical Audio language