[LAU] [ANN] lv2fil version 2.0 "New hope" released

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Wed Jul 1 02:47:29 EDT 2009

On Sat, Jun 13, 2009 at 05:40:02PM +0300, Nedko Arnaudov wrote:
> Four-band parametric equaliser LV2 plugin. DSP code by Fons Adriaensen.
>
> Homepage: http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/
>
> Screenshot: http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/lv2fil.png
>
> Tarball download:
> http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/lv2fil-2.0.tar.bz2
> http://nedko.arnaudov.name/soft/lv2fil/lv2fil-2.0.tar.bz2.sig
>
> = Overview =
> Stereo and mono LV2 plugins, four-band parametric equalisers.
> Each section has an active/bypass switch, frequency, bandwidth and
> gain controls. There is also a global bypass switch and gain control.
>
> = DSP =
> The 2nd order resonant filters are implemented using a Mitra-Regalia
> style lattice filter, which has the nice property of being stable
> even while parameters are being changed.
>
> All switches and controls are internally smoothed, so they can be
> used 'live' whithout any clicks or zipper noises. This should make
> this plugin a good candidate for use in systems that allow automation
> of plugin control ports, such as Ardour, or for stage use.
>
> = GUI =
> The GUI provides knobs and toggle buttons for tweaking filter
> parameters. It also provides frequency response widget with
> differently coloured curve for each section and separate curve for
> total equalization effect.
>
> The GUI uses the External UI extension. lv2rack (part of zynjacku)
> supports this extension. Ardour-2.8 needs patch to support the
> external UI extension.

At last, LV2 allows us to see nifty GUI's like the ProTools plugins.

Now all we need is a parametric EQ that allows one to click on the curves and put dots and pull the leptokurtic distributions around and make them platykurtic and in that kind of way change the sound in real-time like in ProTools and Ableton.

Actually, JAMIN already has the functionality to do that in the GUI, and it's great. I wonder if there's a way to implement that sort of thing in LV2?

-ken