[LAU] A new song..

James Stone jamesmstone at gmail.com
Wed Jul 1 06:20:04 EDT 2009

On Wed, Jul 1, 2009 at 8:13 AM, Ken Restivo<ken at restivo.org> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 11, 2009 at 12:53:36PM +0100, James Stone wrote:
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Be good to get some feedback on this one - a throwaway pop/punk song -
>> recorded in Ardour with me doing all the parts (guitar and bass both
>> through a V-Amp2 - maybe not the best choice for the bass!), drums with
>> Hydrogen, and vocals through a Samson C01 and a Behringer Minimic 800
>> into the line of a SBLive. This is a very rough mix - the drums sound
>> way too weedy, and I think the vocals may be too far forward (and seem a
>> bit separated from the rest of the track), but I would welcome any thoughts!
>>
>> http://drop.io/your_clothes_are_red
>>

> Awesome post-punk progressive pop! Reminds me of the mid-80's. I feel like I'm 18 again, listening to KXLU or WNYU in the middle of the night, only without having to angle the antenna periodically to minimize the static, or watching the "stereo" FM pilot light flicker on and off. I got a big smile out of it.

Aww thanks Ken. I can't ask for more than that! I'm really pleased you
enjoyed it.

And I remember those days - but for me it was more trying to get
decent reception for John Peel on Radio 1!

Better dust off the old guitar for some more material for the
self-produced, hand painted, run of 500 ep!

James