[LAU] Is there an install CD for 64Studio 2.0?

david gnome at hawaii.rr.com
Fri Jul 3 19:42:02 EDT 2009

I'm trying to install onto a laptop that has a problematic DVD drive.
The drive reliably reads CDs but has problems with DVDs. 64Studio 2.1 is
DVD only, and installation fails partway through when it's trying to
read the disks. 64Studio 2.0 is a Live CD that works just fine, but
offers no installation option. I thought perhaps I could install
64Studio 2.0 and update it to 64Studio 2.1.

I've already tried various ways of installing from USB drives with no
luck (the installation always wants to read the packages from a CD or
DVD, running into the same drive problem). There may be some way to
tweak a USB installation drive to have it look at the USB device instead
of the CD, but I haven't figured out how to do it.

So is there an install CD for 64Studio? They don't seem to offer a
netinstall option.

Or maybe I should just extract the hard drive from the laptop, put it in
my external USB drive housing, install to that from the other laptop,
then put it back ...

Anyway- any sources for a 64Studio 2.0 install CD?

--
David
gnome at hawaii.rr.com
authenticity, honesty, community