[LAU] Is there an install CD for 64Studio 2.0?

James Cameron quozl at us.netrek.org
Fri Jul 3 20:09:40 EDT 2009

I've experienced DVD drives that don't read particular DVD media that I
burn on other drives.  Sometimes fixable by either burning the DVD
slower, burning in another drive, or using another type of DVD media,
even DVD-RW.  Sometimes also fixable by running my finger around the
spindle hole or whistling that machine tune from Close Encounters.

Another workaround I've used is to obtain a reliable DVD drive and place
it in a 133.350mm USB to IDE casing.  This requires BIOS support for
boot from USB attached DVD.

On Fri, Jul 03, 2009 at 01:42:02PM -1000, david wrote:
> Or maybe I should just extract the hard drive from the laptop, put it in
> my external USB drive housing, install to that from the other laptop,
> then put it back ...

Been there, done that.  Only in desperation.  The connectors on hard
drives have a limited design lifetime in terms of mating and removal.

Your approach sounds good ... find if there is another installation
method.