[LAU] [OT] DV/HDV camera recommendation ?

Eric Steinberg eric.steinberg at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 16:24:15 EDT 2009

I have a Unibrain Fire-i, which works very well with Coriander and other
stuff for tethered motion detection, effectv, etc.  It was very cheap, < $80
US.  I've used it to run the Reactable stuff, and a bunch of other
motion-based video apps.  I've also got an Aiptek flash-based HD
videocamera, which, while USB only, has worked very well for me and is cheap
too (about $125).  The Aiptek is for recording only- I just mention it in
case you're looking for a recorder as well.  Definitely stick with the
IIDC/DCAM/non-camcorder type if you're doing streaming or encoding or
effects or mo-cap on live video.