[LAU] Does the Edirol UA-101 work well at 192 kHz/24 bit?

Carlos Sanchiavedraz csanchezgs at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 10:54:09 EDT 2009

Thank you so much for the info.

I'm not sure yet if, from the linux/jack/etc point of view, it would
"better" (it is relative and also depends on what you need), or more
advisable to go for a UA or FA.
I've red and searched a lot about USB and Firewire audio interfaces,
and I think I can do a short list of some of the pros and cons
(correct me if I'n wrong):

* UA/USB:
Pros:
- portable (firewire is not so common yet, I only have one in my laptop),
- there are a lot of different audio devices.
Cons:
- some UA devices aren't fully supported (maybe some more since last
time I checked Alsa matrix) yet,
- no support for USB 2.0 audio standard from the
manufacturers->special alsa drivers for every audio interface

FA/Firewire:
Pros:
-

--