[LAU] Building a Debian realtime kernel

Florian Faber faber at faberman.de
Mon Jun 1 13:54:12 EDT 2009

nescivi wrote:
> On Monday 01 June 2009 11:16:35 Jan Weil wrote:
>> On Mon, Jun 01, 2009 at 11:03:49AM -0400, nescivi wrote:
>>> some more on this...
>>> I had a problem using my RME Multiface with this kernel... It saw the
>>> PCMCIA card, but not the device. Tried my basic 2.6.29 kernel, that one
>>> had the same problem.
>>> 2.6.26 had no problem with it.
>> yup, been there. Does this
>> <http://www.nabble.com/kernel-2.6.29-rc6-no-working-rme-multiface-1-td22280
>> 851.html> <http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.alsa.devel/60411>
>> help?
> Probably :)
> I don't need to rebuild the whole kernel for this, right?

If the interface card is there, you don't have to recompile anything.
Look into the kernel log, what does it say about recognizing the io box?

In 2.6.28 they introduced a new power managment which might power up the
cardbus slot too late for the interface card to initialize in time. If
you run 'hdsploader' in user space after boot, and the card works, that
was the problem. And that is what Tim's patch fixes by increasing the
number of polling loops.

Flo
--
Machines can do the work, so people have time to think.
public key DA43FEF4          x-hkp://wwwkeys.eu.pgp.net