[LAU] MrRay73.dll with dssi-vst-0.8 and dssi-host-jack?

oz oz at bluemonk.de
Thu Jun 4 16:23:34 EDT 2009

Hi @all,

I'm trying to start the E-Piano-plugin MrRay73.dll with
jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:MrRay73.dll

It is my first dll-plugin. Two errors are logged, one concerning audio
and another a "GUI thread". Is someone able to evaluate, which one is
the fatal?

I run jackd with Realtime switched off on an Intel Atom based eeebox
with Debian/squeeze and will change to a RT-kernel, once the plugins I'm
interested in run in general. So I guess, the fatal error is not the
realtime issue.

Maybe the errors just indicate, that MrRay73.dll is not compatible with
  dssi-vst (... don't know. anyone?).

Please take a look at my logs:

  $ jack-dssi-host dssi-vst.so:MrRay73.dll

jack-dssi-host: Warning: DSSI path not set
jack-dssi-host: Defaulting to "/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/lib/dssi:/home/zi/.
dssi"

VST_PATH not set, defaulting to /home/zi/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vs
RemoteVSTClient: all cache files are up-to-date, not running scanner
DSSIVSTPlugin::instantiate(MrRay73.dll)
DSSIVSTPluginInstance::DSSIVSTPluginInstance(MrRay73.dll)
Returning file identifiers: Pj3wMQmSLe7gDAUWrHynpFM7
DSSI_PATH not set, defaulting to /home/zi/.dssi:/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/li
b/dssi
RemoteVSTClient: executing /usr/local/lib/dssi/dssi-vst/dssi-vst-server MrR
ay73.dll,Pj3wMQmSLe7gDAUWrHynpFM7
DSSI VST plugin server v0.986
Copyright (c) 2004-2008 Chris Cannam
VST_PATH not set, defaulting to /home/zi/vst:/usr/local/lib/vst:/usr/lib/vs
ALSA lib pcm_dmix.c:1008:(snd_pcm_dmix_open) unable to open slave
ALSA lib pcm_dsnoop.c:593:(snd_pcm_dsnoop_open) unable to open slave
dssi-vst-server[1]: found in /home/zi/vst/MrRay73.dll
done
Testing VST compatibility...
dssi-vst-server[1]: VST 2.4 entrypoint "VSTPluginMain" not found in DLL "Mr
Ray73.dll", looking for "main"
dssi-vst-server[1]: VST entrypoint "main" found
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin instantiated
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin is a VST
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin has a GUI
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin supports processReplacing
dssi-vst-server[1]: opening plugin
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin is VST 2.0 or newer
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin is a synth
dssi-vst-server[1]: plugin name is "MrRay73 1.0"
dssi-vst-server[1]: vendor string is "Guido Scognamiglio"
Initialising Windows subsystem...
dssi-vst-server[1]: registered Windows application class "dssi_vst"
dssi-vst-server[1]: created main window
done
dssi-vst-server[1]: created audio thread
Failed to set realtime priority for audio thread: Operation not permitted
terminate called after throwing an instance of 'std::bad_alloc'
   what():  std::bad_alloc
ERROR: Remote VST plugin communication failure in GUI thread
Aborted
zi at flocke:~$ ERROR: Remote VST plugin communication failure in audio thread
Remote VST plugin audio thread: returning
dssi-vst-server[1]: cleaning up
dssi-vst-server[1]: closed audio thread
dssi-vst-server[1]: freed dll
dssi-vst-server[1]: exiting