[LAU] Option to jackd to get ALSA MIDI stuff?

sonofzev at iinet.net.au sonofzev at iinet.net.au
Fri Jun 5 02:47:40 EDT 2009

On Fri Jun  5 16:38 , Ken Restivo  sent:

>I remember discussion of giving an option to jackd (was it "-X"?) in order to
get it to show all the ALSA MIDI stuff in JACK MIDI. I've tried it on jackd 0.116
and neither "-X" nor "-x" are recognized options.

>Then there's also this separate thing "a2jmidid", which seems to work well, but
I'm not sure if I need it if I can find this elusive jackd option.

>-ken

Hi Ken, if you are using an ALSA device for audio this should be automatically
happening..

So you should only need an additional option with FFADO or other drivers.

I don't know of a jackd native option.. Paul???

"a2jmidid -e" works well however it doesn't pass realtime info (MIDI Clock or
SPP)..I have registered a bug for this.. however I would love to know about a
native jackd option and if it does pass this information...