[LAU] Option to jackd to get ALSA MIDI stuff?

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Fri Jun 5 05:26:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, 05 Jun 2009 14:47:40 +0800
"sonofzev at iinet.net.au" <sonofzev at iinet.net.au> wrote:

> On Fri Jun  5 16:38 , Ken Restivo  sent:
>
> >I remember discussion of giving an option to jackd (was it "-X"?) in
> >order to
> get it to show all the ALSA MIDI stuff in JACK MIDI. I've tried it on
> jackd 0.116 and neither "-X" nor "-x" are recognized options.
> >
> >Then there's also this separate thing "a2jmidid", which seems to
> >work well, but
> I'm not sure if I need it if I can find this elusive jackd option.
> >
> >-ken
>
> Hi Ken, if you are using an ALSA device for audio this should be
> automatically happening..
>
> So you should only need an additional option with FFADO or other
> drivers.
>
> I don't know of a jackd native option.. Paul???
>
> "a2jmidid -e" works well however it doesn't pass realtime info (MIDI
> Clock or SPP)..I have registered a bug for this.. however I would
> love to know about a native jackd option and if it does pass this
> information...

Maybe you mean -Xseq ?

I don't know what it does exactly. I see all hardware and all midi
ports of alsa modular synth in qjackctl's jack and alsa midi tabs.

I guess the only thing it doesn't do is exposing jackmidi ports to
alsamidi since for example zynjacku only shows up in the jackmidi tab.

Regards,
Philipp