[LAU] new song

Dave Phillips dlphillips at woh.rr.com
Mon Jun 8 17:16:58 EDT 2009

Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:

> fabulous vocal performance, great phrasing.

<blush>

Wow, thanks, Joern. :)

</blush>

> i sincerely hope it's not autobiographical, though...

Well... The story isn't mine but as for the general feeling, it's been a
tough year already.

> didn't like the layered guitar solo sound (somehow too sterile and 80s
> for the context of the song - i know a very similar pink floyd (or joe
> zawinul, for that matter) synth) sound which i do like, but this isn't
> quite it), but loved everything else. then again maybe i was after
> hearing a cliche blues solo sound and you were after not providing one :)

I wanted my friend Terry McClanahan to record something but he hasn't
had the time. I pasted the current solo together out of an improv. Btw,
there's a slightly revised version on-line now. I'm not too unhappy with
it, I really didn't want a stereotyped blues guitar solo, so I tried to
make something a little more neurotic, but hopefully still bluesy. In
the end though I'm just not an especially good lead player.

Best,

dp