[LAU] new song

Fons Adriaensen fons at kokkinizita.net
Mon Jun 8 18:39:36 EDT 2009

On Mon, Jun 08, 2009 at 05:16:58PM -0400, Dave Phillips wrote:

> Jörn Nettingsmeier wrote:
> >
> > fabulous vocal performance, great phrasing.
> >

> <blush>
>
> Wow, thanks, Joern. :)

I'd repeat Joern's comments.

> > didn't like the layered guitar solo sound (somehow too sterile and 80s
> > for the context of the song - i know a very similar pink floyd (or joe
> > zawinul, for that matter) synth) sound which i do like, but this isn't
> > quite it), but loved everything else. then again maybe i was after
> > hearing a cliche blues solo sound and you were after not providing one :)

I liked that guitar sound, but it's somehow 'acoustically
out of context': the voice is quite dry and near but the
guitar solo seems to be in the other corner of the room.
You can get that sound of course in a club if the voice
is on PA and the guitar amp isn't.

OTOH I kind of like this sort of 'alienating' effect
in blues music, like the weird intro of Ruth Brown's
'A good day for the blues'.

Ciao,

--
FA

Io lo dico sempre: l'Italia è troppo stretta e lunga.