[LAU] USB audio device and JACK

Julien Claassen julien at c-lab.de
Fri Jun 26 13:35:03 EDT 2009

Hello everyone!
   I had a USB audio device here, a Zoom h4n, portable recorder/audio
interface. When I connect it to my box, it shows up and ALSA finds it.
   First: ALSA can't open the mixer, no elemtns found, alsamixer says.
   Second: I can't use JACK with it, although I read on some forum, that a chap
managed with Fedora FC6. JACK tells me something about broken pipe. It runs,
but there's no sound and I definitely have to "killall -9" it. :-( I tried
JACK with different period sizes (-p) and different frames per period (-n),
different samplerates, although I can set these on the Zoom, before I connect
it. As I said: ALSA can record from it and play sounds using it.
   Does anyone of you have an idea on the subject?
   Kindest regards
         Julien

--------

http://ltsb.sourceforge.net