[LAU] Sineshaper. GUI refuses to open

hollunder at gmx.at hollunder at gmx.at
Sun Jun 28 20:57:34 EDT 2009

On Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:45:21 +0200
Nigel Henry <cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr> wrote:

> I built Sineshaper 0.4.2 from the tarball. No problems with the
> build, and running it as, jack-dssi-host -v sineshaper.so results in
> an audio connection in qjackctl, and the midi connection is there, so
> that I can connect my midi keyboard, but no GUI for Sineshaper is
> opening. See output below.
>
> djmons at debian:~$ jack-dssi-host -v sineshaper.so
>
> jack-dssi-host: Warning: DSSI path not set
> jack-dssi-host: Defaulting to
> "/usr/local/lib/dssi:/usr/lib/dssi:/home/djmons/.dssi"
>
> jack-dssi-host: Looking for library "sineshaper.so"
> in /usr/local/lib/dssi... found
> jack-dssi-host: instance  0 on channel  0, plugin  0 is
> "sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00"
> jack-dssi-host: registering osc.udp://debian:14911/dssi
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 8 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 8, named 'Nasty'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 7 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 7, named 'Cosineshaper'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 6 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 6, named 'Noisy'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 5 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 5, named 'Clean'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 4 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 4, named 'Soft'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 3 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 3, named 'Bright'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 2 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 2, named 'Woodpecker'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 1 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 1, named 'Tremolo pad'
> jack-dssi-host: sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00 program 0 is MIDI
> bank 0 program 0, named 'Default'
>
> jack-dssi-host: OSC URL is:
> osc.udp://debian:14911/dssi/sineshaper/ll-sineshaper/chan00
>
> checking sineshaper_gtk against ll-sineshaper
> checking sineshaper_gtk against sineshaper
> jack-dssi-host: trying to execute GUI at
> "/usr/local/lib/dssi/sineshaper/sineshaper_gtk"
> host: Ready
>
> This is on a Debian Etch install, with KDE. I installed libglademm,
> and gtkmm, which were necessary to compile Sineshaper, and since then
> I've been installing all the glade, and gtk stuff I can find in
> synaptic, but cannot get Sineshapers GUI to open.
>
> Any suggestions as to what I'm missing?
>
> Thanks for any help
>
> Nigel.

Maybe it's some problem with osc gui communication?
Some incorrect hosts setting?

you could also try sineshaper lv2 which is part of ll-plugins.
Despite it's age it compiles fine, you only need a little patch if you
use gcc 4.4, which I just wrote and can be found here:
http://aur.archlinux.org/packages/ll-plugins/ll-plugins/gcc4.4.patch

Regards,
Philipp