[LAU] Sineshaper. GUI refuses to open

M Watts zwy648rct at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 18:25:48 EDT 2009

Nigel Henry wrote:
> I built Sineshaper 0.4.2 from the tarball. No problems with the build, and
> running it as, jack-dssi-host -v sineshaper.so results in an audio connection
> in qjackctl, and the midi connection is there, so that I can connect my midi
> keyboard, but no GUI for Sineshaper is opening. See output below.

I've also built 0.4.2 from source on Fedora 10.  The output of `whereis
sineshaper` shows `/usr/local/bin/sineshaper.sh`,  so I just run it with
the command `sineshaper.sh`, and it works as expected.

Running it with `jack-dssi-host -v sineshaper.so ` results in similar
output to yours, and although I get:

checking sineshaper_gtk against ll-sineshaper
checking sineshaper_gtk against sineshaper
jack-dssi-host: trying to execute GUI at
"/usr/local/lib/dssi/sineshaper/sineshaper_gtk"
host: Ready
(sineshaper_gtk:3387): Gtk-WARNING **: GtkSpinButton: setting an
adjustment with non-zero page size is deprecated

the GUI still works  -- not sure what it could be :\