[LAU] Audacity: not good for making loops

nescivi nescivi at gmail.com
Sun Jun 28 00:51:15 EDT 2009

On Saturday 27 June 2009 16:29:58 Frank Barknecht wrote:
> Hallo,
>
> Justin Smith hat gesagt: // Justin Smith wrote:
> > On Sat, Jun 27, 2009 at 12:37 PM, Kim Cascone<kim at anechoicmedia.com>
wrote:
> > > can anyone suggest an audio editor (on Linux) that edits loops in
> > > real-time?
> >
> > rezound if I recall correctly, but really there is little reason to
> > use anything other than ardour for audio editing on linux, it will do
> > loops as you trim them in real time, plus so much more.
>
> Actually the easy to use loop cutting is one of the reasons  I still start
> Rezound besides Ardour. Its loop playing functionality is much nicer and
> more intuitive than Ardour's.

I love Rezound for the way you can put several markers in the file, and then
just save all the different chops as multiple files from just one menu item.
But yes, it is useful for loop editing. I guess it gets closest to Soundforge
which I used on Windows back before I had all these Linux toys. :)

sincerely,
Marije