[LAU] My first Linux audio recording...

Mike Mazarick mazarick at bellsouth.net
Sun Jun 28 13:35:02 EDT 2009

I'm as serious as I am normally -
;)

Sure, some people who were at the party posted some pictures.
I'd be glad to furnish them.   Here they are:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/raycodringtonparty/pool/
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2054294&id=66106565

One of my favorites is here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/36535750@N04/3552362333/in/pool-raycodringtonpa
rty
(not everyone in the picture got to play, but all of them are great
musicians)

I will say that it was a party "for musicians, by musician".
It was an Appreciation for Ray Codrington - a local jazz musician
that is a favorite of many of the jazz guys in the local area.
There were about 120 people there, 97% were musicians.  At any given
time, there were about 80 people.

I noticed that Julien Claassen has said he had listened to
Eddie Harris while growing up.   One of Eddie's jazz classics is a
song called "Freedom Jazz Dance".  Ray Codrington was the
trumpet player on that recording done back in the mid 60s.

One thing I will seriously share is that this really is my first
Linux audio piece, and I am figuring out how to make it all work.
There are probably a few steps I left out or didn't
completely describe.
;)

However, let me flip the tape over and see if I can somehow get
another song loaded up on Garageband...  I'll point to it when
it becomes available.

-Mike