[LAU] Delta 1010LT and envy24control

Markus Haider markus.haider at student.uibk.ac.at
Mon Jun 29 17:19:45 EDT 2009

Hi everybody,

I have a M-Audio Delta 1010LT and use 64Studio 3.0 Beta. Basically
everything works fine, but I have two questions, regarding the
envy24control:

My 1010LT manual states, that the output level of my soundcard can be
set through envy24control to different levels: +4dBu, Consumer, and
-10dBV. However, these buttons are missing in envy24control. Is it
possible to set these levels with envy24control? The same question has
already been posted two years ago
(http://www.nabble.com/Delta-1010LT-Variable-Input---Output-levels--tp12919922p12919922.html), but did not receive a reply. Also some forum mention a IPGA analog volume, which I cannot find in envy24control (see http://www.nabble.com/alsa-and-delta-1010lt-trouble-td10379972.html).

My second question is about the range of the faders. I want to record
music via a mic, which is connected to a preamp which is in turn
connected to the XLR1 input. The Fader responsible in envy24control is
ADC0, and has a range from 0 to 163. What does this range mean? Is it
just attenuation? Which would be the optimal setting in terms of keeping
noise low (I can set the output of my mic-preamp accordingly)?

Thank you for your help,
Markus