[LAU] Delta 1010LT and envy24control

R.Wolff musicwolf at web.de
Tue Jun 30 07:30:53 EDT 2009

Hi Markus,

well, I'm using the 1010LT as well and to change the levels
between +4, Consumer, -10 you do this on the 5th tab 'Analog Volume'.
To have a better idea of how the levels are 'really' set in terms of
db, I use 'alsamixer' on the terminal, which indicates levels in db
instead of numbers that I can't interpret correctly. In case you have
more than one sound device, use i.e.: alsamixer -c1(or 2/3/4)

I try to get a signal as hot as possible, but without clipping, in to the
box, and then I can adjust my output volume (which serves me mainly
for monitoring anyway) according to my needs. I know this is not really
a professional approach maybe, but it works for me.

HTH,

Raphael ;)

On 29.06.2009 23:19, Markus Haider wrote:
> Hi everybody,
>
> I have a M-Audio Delta 1010LT and use 64Studio 3.0 Beta. Basically
> everything works fine, but I have two questions, regarding the
> envy24control:
>
> My 1010LT manual states, that the output level of my soundcard can be
> set through envy24control to different levels: +4dBu, Consumer, and
> -10dBV. However, these buttons are missing in envy24control. Is it
> possible to set these levels with envy24control? The same question has
> already been posted two years ago
> (http://www.nabble.com/Delta-1010LT-Variable-Input---Output-levels--tp12919922p12919922.html), but did not receive a reply. Also some forum mention a IPGA analog volume, which I cannot find in envy24control (see http://www.nabble.com/alsa-and-delta-1010lt-trouble-td10379972.html).
>
> My second question is about the range of the faders. I want to record
> music via a mic, which is connected to a preamp which is in turn
> connected to the XLR1 input. The Fader responsible in envy24control is
> ADC0, and has a range from 0 to 163. What does this range mean? Is it
> just attenuation? Which would be the optimal setting in terms of keeping
> noise low (I can set the output of my mic-preamp accordingly)?
>
> Thank you for your help,
> Markus

Raphael ;)