[LAU] Packet In's new song about Jack

Frank Pirrone frankpirrone at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 18:57:04 EST 2009

Bengt Gördén wrote:

>>> This link didn't work for me. Sorry.
>>>
>> http://packet-in.org/repo/RPM09/_final_mixes/
>>

> I've got the songs on my mobile all day and been listening to them. I thought
> I share my thoughts about them. Over all I like it and hope the songs will be
> listened to at RPM Challenge. One thing i can say is that every song gets
> better for every time I listen to them. One thing that would be nice is if
> you could compile a file with all the lyrics in. It's nice to read the lyrics
> when listening to the songs.
>

> Audacity
> Cool spoken-words-song with nice text. I read something in a magazine the
> other day and that was "writing poetry is when you're not able to tell a
> story". This proves that it isn't like that. Really good.
>
> Candle Against the Wind
> Good start. At first the vocals sounds a bit pitchy but as the song goes on it
> gets better. The song grows for every time I listen to it.
>
> Cindy
> A bit pitchy in the middle but I like it. Good ending. I get Beatles feeling
> about the ending.
>
> Dreamt Funk 4 Teyssibro
> I like the ruff jazzy sound of this. It some times sounds like two songs.
>
> Eca S Sound
> Mannfred Mann meets Iron Maiden featuring Omar Dykes (without the howling) as
> a singer :-). Julien I gather from the attribution file.
>
> Freedom
> Oooo. The solo guitar gives me Santana feeling. Nice.
>
> Jack and Jill
> A feel-good song. Nice. The more I listen to it the more I like it. I feel
> connected with the first lines of the first verse "It gets cold and lonely,
> in my studio at night". My own studio is in the basement and it is -15
> degrees celsius outside.
>
> Love Me
> At first I was really puzzled by the lyrics but after a few rounds I got my
> head around it. I like the Bossa style of it.
>
> Soft Hearted Woman
> Nice groove. The guitar sounds a bit loud though.
>
> Took a Step
> I get Latin jazz feeling here. The ending was suprising. Nice relaxing tune.
>

> /bengan

Thanks for the kind words Bengan.  I'm glad you derived some enjoyment
from our work.  I'm attaching a file of lyrics for this year's RPM09 as
well as RPM08 to songs I contributed, including some that never got
done.  I'll also post this in the /user_frank directory of our project
repository.

I never found enough time to get either my vocals or my guitar parts
right.  I struggle with singing in making it sound like a singer's voice
rather than someone crooning in the shower!  Part of my problem was
sitting down in front of a microphone rather than standing up, dancing
around, and getting in the "spirit" of a performance.   That's me on
Candle, Eca's chorus, Freedom, Jack, Soft, and Took.

Again, really appreciate your song-by-song comments.

Frank