[LAU] RME RayDAT and linux?

Wed Mar 4 21:22:24 EST 2009

On Fri, 2008-10-31 at 20:57 +0100, Florian Faber wrote:
> Giso,
>
> > does anybody know whether the RME Raydat interface card is linux
> > compatible? Does it use the hdsp driver?
>
> It uses the hdspm driver, like all the newer cards. Sound I/O works at
> the moment, the controls for the single ADAT syncs follow the next week
> (I have another guy waiting for them :)

Any news on this? ....

We have a machine with an hdsp madi and a raydat.

I tried to build this (2008.08.16 version):
  http://wiki.linuxproaudio.org/index.php/Driver:hdspm

but I could not, the build process complains about some undefined
symbols which mean that something in the driver is generating floating
point operations (at least that's what I found from online searches).

Is there a newer version of the hdspm I could test? Or advice in
compiling that version?

What is happening:

The raydat card is only recognized as an hdsp madi (the existing kernel
driver does not know any better), if I try to sync both cards with word
clock it does not really really work. I can get the raydat to be the
master and the madi card appears to sync (to word clock sent from the
word clock option card of the madi) but it does sync only to 44.1 and
not to 48KHz (ie: I change the srate of the raydat to 48k and the hdsp
madi still reports lock but reports 44.1K as the external frequency and
then a combined alsa card with both does not work)...

-- Fernando