[LAU] Script

alex stone compose59 at gmail.com
Mon Mar 9 19:53:25 EDT 2009

A quick and somewhat ruefully embarrasing question.

I'm going through my old executable scripts, rebuilding an auto startup for
a sequence of apps and associated templates for my new debian 32bit build.

But i'm stuck on a really simple one i haven't used in a script before.

Jconv.

I'd like to do the following:

blah at blah $ cd ir
blah at blah/ir $ jconv concert3.conf

as an automated script, so i need to cd to the relavent directory, then
provoke jconv into all it's formidable glory.

I'm going through my bash commands manual, but can't find out how to cd to a
directory and enact a command, all in one go.

I know this is simple stuff, so apologies in advance for the really dumb
question.

Alex.

--
Parchment Studios (It started as a joke...)