[LAU] Looking for noteeditor with chordnames and midi export

Laura Conrad sunny at laymusic.org
Thu Mar 26 16:49:36 EDT 2009

>>>>> "Grammostola" == Grammostola Rosea <rosea.grammostola at gmail.com> writes:

    Grammostola> I think the best thing to try is Lilypond (maybe with
    Grammostola> help of the editor Frescobaldi.org or Jedit with
    Grammostola> Lilypondtool)

I agree, although my own knowledge of chords comes mostly out of
fakebooks, and I find some of the lilypond chord stuff to be a bit
mystifying.   But I'm pretty sure that if you do enough work and ask
enough questions on the mailing list, you will be able to do most of
what you want.

I think the defaults are from some kind of Jazz charts, and aren't
exactly what the fakebooks I've played from use.

--
Laura   (mailto:lconrad at laymusic.org http://www.laymusic.org/ )
(617) 661-8097	233 Broadway, Cambridge, MA 02139

It can't be any new note. When you look at the keyboard, all the notes
are there already. But if you mean a note enough, it will sound
different. You got to pick the notes you really mean!

Thelonius Monk, on being asked how he got a special sound out of the piano