[LAU] Connecting FTDI USB serial to ALSA Seq

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Sun Mar 29 04:22:13 EDT 2009

I'm building an Arduino-based MIDI pedalboard. The FTDI USB serial device does not show up as an alsa-seq device, but rather as a serial port.

Some time ago, I remember downloading and using a small daemon someone wrote, which connected this serial port to an ALSA seq port. I have it somewhere on one of these computers, but I can't figure out where. Also, the Googling I've done has come up with lots of falst positives and not the actual goods.

Anyone messed around with Arduinos and ALSA? Or know where this daemon might be?

Thanks.

-ken