[LAU] [ANN] jack enabled flash...

torbenh at gmx.de torbenh at gmx.de
Tue Mar 31 06:25:03 EDT 2009

On Mon, Mar 30, 2009 at 11:33:28PM -1000, david wrote:
> Rui Nuno Capela wrote:
> > hi Torbenh,
> >
> > On Tue, March 31, 2009 01:47, torbenh at gmx.de wrote:
> >> i wrote an audio output driver for flashplayer, based on lennart
> >> poetterings pulse driver.
> >>
> >> git clone git://repo.or.cz/libflashsupport-jack.git
> >>

> > excellent! i'm already seeing me getting rid of my dmix setup :) already
> > tried and tested.
> >
> > now for the nags:
> >
> > is it possible to have this libflashsupport improved to let it fallback to
> > alsa interface iif jackd is not up and running or not available?

Thats possible. But its not really possible to change the backend on the
fly. (maybe with some dbus interface)

N instances of flash player plugin only open one audio out. And once
opened, it remains open for the whole lifetime of firefox.

i can make it fallback to alsa when it cant open the jack client.
but that requires a bit of fiddling.

a more important issue, is how to make it reconnect in case of a jack
restart. but i think i already got an idea.

> > fwiw, original adobe code (alsa) is found here:
> >   http://labs.adobe.com/wiki/index.php/Flash_Player:Additional_Interface_Support_for_Linux
> >   http://www.kaourantin.net/flashplayer/flashsupport.c
>
> Hmmm, so how can I get Flash to play via ALSA through my external USB
> audio adapter instead of always using the laptop's internal audio?
>
> --
> David
> gnome at hawaii.rr.com
> authenticity, honesty, community