[LAU] calf plugins - dssi?

Ken Restivo ken at restivo.org
Fri May 1 05:14:06 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 10:21:54PM +0200, hollunder at gmx.at wrote:
> On Wed, 29 Apr 2009 14:55:35 -0500
> Josh Lawrence <hardbop200 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Wed, Apr 29, 2009 at 2:49 PM, Jostein Chr. Andersen
> > <jostein at vait.se> wrote:
> >
> > > The Calf plugins are LADSPA and/or LV2 plugins, not DSSI. Try to
> > > start calfjackhost and load them from there or use them as LADSPA
> > > or LV2 plugins, then you can have some fun.
> > >
> > > Jostein
> >
> > According to the homepage:
> >
> > DSSI (both synthesizers and effects, GTK+ GUI is included)
> >
> > Has this changed?
> >

> Nope, it works like this:
> jack-dssi-host calf.so:Monosynth

Thanks!

These plugins are very nice.

I've been looking for a tape echo simulation to replace the convolution with jconv that I've been using live for several years now. This one might do it.

The multi-tap chorus is gorgeous. Very thick and lush. Reminds me of the old ADA stereo-tap delays that Allan Holdsworth used to use.

Also, the Monosynth is excellent. Quite a variety of sounds there, from Moog-like to 303-like to Nord-like. And with the ability to switch presets on the fly! I will definitely fire that one up live soon.

-ken