[LAU] 2.6.29.1 RT Kernel is wonderful!

Raffaele Morelli raffaele.morelli at gmail.com
Sun May 3 04:06:49 EDT 2009

2009/5/3 Scott <lau at troutpocket.org>

> I used to put up with an occasional xrun with the older kernels.  But I'm
> writing to
> report that I just installed 2.6.29.1-RT4 from CCRMA on Fedora 10 and I
> didn't see a
> single xrun.  In case anyone is interested, I record 12 simultaneous mic'd
> inputs from
> an Echo AudioFire12 to a Dell XPS laptop:
>
>    Dell XPS M1210 laptop
>        1GB RAM
>        Intel T5600 1.8GHz Core2Duo
>        Intel 945GM Video controller
>        Sigmatel 9220 internal audio controller
>        Internal Ricoh Co Ltd R5C832 IEEE 1394 Controller
>        http://tinyurl.com/clr43l
>
>    Echo Audio Audiofire12
>        http://www.echoaudio.com/Products/FireWire/AudioFire12/index.php
>
> Thanks to the kernel team for making such an awesome product!
>
> -Scott

+1
The only problem was the iwl4965 module which was missing dbg related one on
default 2.6.29.2 config.

For debian users: I must say that make-kpkg doesn't generate initrd
(--initrd option) with linux-2.6.29.2 sources so I had to create one with
update-initramfs and then add the following line to menu.lst in /boot/grub
dir.

initrd        /boot/initrd.img-2.6.29.2-rt10

I am currently switching to 2.6.29.2-rt11.

regards
-r